Sunday, June 10, 2012

Norwalk, CT Show

Well, Sadie and I ventured off just the two of us (Rick had to work) to a show in Norwalk, CT. I thought it was going to be a quick visit to this show because there were not many cockers entered. But I still wanted to see them and continue on our path of learning all about the show world. There were also suppose to be a lot of vendors and I wanted to see if I could find Sadie a show lead to start using at handling class.  I was wrong about the quick visit..... While we were standing watching the cockers, someone came over to us and started talking. We had meet briefly at the show in Wrentham, Ma the week before. This began our new friendship with Lisa of Pinecliff Cockers. Of course we engaged in cocker talk, which led to shopping at the vendor booths, which led to Lisa introducing me to a couple more people in the cocker world, which led to sharing stories of how we got stared in our love for cocker spaniels over lunch. Sadie had a ball hanging out with Lisa's cocker girl Oliva, who had just returned from Canada winning her championship there as well as here in the US. Hours later we left the show with a wonderful new friend. It was a delightful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment