Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sadie's First Dog Show

Today we went to North Stonington, CT for Sadie's first show (as an attendee). I had contacted a handler  that I had observed at shows we went to prior to getting Sadie. I really liked how she handled the dogs and how the dogs responded to her. She has had much success in the ring and has a well respected name in the show dog world. We set it up to meet each other at the show and she would evaluated Sadie. She was wonderful with us, gave us a lot of helpful hints and things to do and not to do with her. She evaluated Sadie and said she has beautiful movement, great temperament and has a promising future. We talked about the next steps and decided Sadie and I will be taking handling classes once she finishes Puppy Kindergarten. I will take her as far as I can in the ring and then turn her over to the handler. Sadie had a great day at the show, she happily walked around meeting all the new people and dogs. She strutted around like a pro!  We will meet up again in June at a show in MA.

No comments:

Post a Comment